[Corpora-List] FW: Gender differences in language

Terry tmorpheme at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 31 08:04:41 UTC 2008

Dr DJ Hatch wrote: "We seem to be coming quite close to a discussing of
stuff like (so-called) Neuro Linguistic Programming - left brain/right
brain, etc distinction-which no neurologist I have find takes seriously."

Robert J. Stenberg's Cognitive Psychology (2006), now in its fourth edition,
devotes six pages to the subject of "Hemispheric Specialization" (46-50),
most of which has to do with issues of language (Broca's area; Wenticke's
area; Sperry's Nobel Prize-winning work on hemispheric separation in cats;
split-brain patients).

Terry