[Corpora-List] Arabic/English parallel corpus and NLP tools....

scott crossley sacrossley at gmail.com
Wed May 14 06:20:59 UTC 2008

Dear Corpus List,

I am looking for a parallel corpus of English and Arabic for
classifying speech acts. Although the existence of such corpora seems
common, I cannot find immediate information on how to obtain said
corpora. In addition, I am looking for NLP tools to help in the
analysis of the corpora (Arabic POS taggers, parsers, word information
metrics, lexicons, etc...). Although these bits seems easy to find
using a google search, actually locating them is causing me problems.

I really appreciate any help you can give me and look forward to your responses.

Best wishes!

--
Scott Crossley, Ph.D.
Linguistics/TESOL