[Corpora-List] word frequency list of European Portuguese

Santos Diana Diana.Santos at sintef.no
Wed May 14 11:00:59 UTC 2008

Dear Tony
Linguateca has compiled and made available a large range of different
corpora, roughly half of them of European Portuguese, through the AC/DC
project, www.linguateca.pt/ACDC/

For each corpus, we make available their frequency list, and these are
also available per part of speech (for forms, and for lemmata), after
automatic analysis with PALAVRAS (Bick, 2000). For a bird's eye view,
see
http://lusiadas.linguateca.pt/acesso/contabilizacao.php#freq

You can in addition ask for selected on-the-fly frequency lists through
our Web service, for example for corpora with several varieties or
several genres, or if you are interested in specific lexical items (or
syntactic constructions).

We have also made available a larger frequency list (not POS-separated)
of the Portuguese Web (From Portugal)
in 2003, http://www.linguateca.pt/WPT03/, containing roughly one
thousand million words:

http://poloxldb.linguateca.pt/tokens.wpt03.amalg.tar.gz (not
distinguishing between capitalization)
http://poloxldb.linguateca.pt/tokens.wpt03.tar.gz counting separately
different capitalization

Do not hesitate to ask further questions if anything is unclear.

Best wishes
Diana
Diana Santos
Linguateca, www.linguateca.pt