[Corpora-List] Looking for a parallel concordancer

Scott Piao scott.piao at manchester.ac.uk
Fri Oct 24 11:07:32 UTC 2008

Hi Montserrat,

I have put a toolkit which includes a concordancer at
http://personalpages.manchester.ac.uk/staff/scott.piao/research/DownLoad/download.htm

Although it is not specifically designed for parallel corpus, it can
extract concordance lines of translations using regular expression
queries. For example, put the translation sentences side by side in the
corpus, then give query like:  (expression)|(translation_of_expression)

then the tool will list the sentences containing these two
word/expressions translations. More complex search is possible using
similar regular expressions.

Hope this will help.

Scott Piao
National Centre for Text Mining