[Corpora-List] Software Announcement : JGAAP 3.1 now available!

Patrick Juola juola at mathcs.duq.edu
Sat Sep 13 14:11:46 UTC 2008

We are delighted to announce the release of a new version of JGAAP,
the _Java Graphical Authorship Attribution Program_, by Patrick
Juola and his research team at Duquesne University.  For more details,
please visit our wiki at www.jgaap.com, from which you can also download
both the software and the source code.

JGAAP, now in version 3.1, is a graphical program to perform text-based
authorship attribution among other forms of text categorization
using a variety of different methods.  It uses the Java programming
language to create an easily-extensible framework for solving text
classification problems in a write-once, run-anywhere fashion. Currently
available analytic methods include popular classification techniques
such as nearest-neighbor algorithms using a variety of distances,
support vector machines using a variety of kernels, with many others
planned for addition in the near future.

This program is freely available and released under Open Source guidelines;
we hope that other researchers will help us test and extend this software
for widespread use.

Thank you,

Patrick Juola and the JGAAP development team
(John Noecker, Mike Ryan, Chuck Liddell, Sandy Speer, and Ashley Bernola)
www.jgaap.com

(JGAAP is supported by National Science Foundation award #OCI-0721667.)