[Corpora-List] Fwd: Fw: Pashto Transliteration Scheme

Thierry Fontenelle thierryf at microsoft.com
Fri Sep 19 23:05:14 UTC 2008

Dear Fatima,

You might want to experiment with the Transliteration Utility that is available here: http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/tools/translit.mspx

It allows you to convert one natural language script to another (like Serbian Latin to Serbian Cyrillic or Latin characters to Inuktitut). The tool uses a simple but powerful rule language to create, edit, debug, and test your own natural language transliteration modules to convert one script to another. The nine modules it includes do not cover Pashto, but there is built-in documentation which explains how to create additional modules. See also this post for some more details:

http://blogs.msdn.com/correcteurorthographiqueoffice/archive/2006/02/07/transliteration-utility-freely-downloadable.aspx

I hope it helps,

Best wishes,

Thierry