[Corpora-List] Call for Papers: Mining User-GeneratedContent for Security - MINUCS 2009

Jordi Carrera Ventura excellens at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 03:21:35 UTC 2009

Linas,

As I said before, my intention is not to continue this debate until
you show some relevant evidence backing up your statements about the
impact of the MINUCS conference as well as its hypothetic need for an
"ethics track". If you can argue meaningfully where, according to you,
I've misconstrued and misrepresented your opinions along this thread,
I will be glad to concede that I was wrong. So far, however, my
arguments have received no response and you have also been unable to
support your initial claim that

"It is a matter of fact that the technologies being reviewed [at
MINUCS] are being used for "snooping, spying, privacy infringement or
violation"

If you are indeed talking about facts, then you must able to provide
proof linking this kind of criminal activities to the MINUCS
organizers or speakers involved (in some form admissible in a trial).
Otherwise, you made a completely unsubstantiated and accordingly vague
accusation.

I find the fact of gratuitously questioning the integrity of the
organizers of the conference on the basis of the non-intended use of
their technology simply appalling, and that is why I will ask anybody
making claims in that sense for the relevant evidence.

Jordi