[Corpora-List] Call for Papers: Mining User-GeneratedContent for Security - MINUCS 2009

Krishnamurthy, Ramesh r.krishnamurthy at aston.ac.uk
Wed Aug 19 15:25:46 UTC 2009

I applaud Linas and Jordi for being aware that 'ad hominem' is not the best way to proceed,
and have been following the debate on this topic fairly closely and with interest.

I found the statement (made by Jordi) that
"physicists should not question decisions they do not make"
rather worrying. Would this not stifle all democratic debate - after all, it's the politicians and military who decide,
so we should not question them, they are trained in making those decisions...?

I do hope I am not misconstruing...
:)

Best
Ramesh

Ramesh Krishnamurthy
Lecturer in English Studies, School of Languages and Social Sciences,
Aston University, Birmingham B4 7ET, UK
Tel: +44 (0)121-204-3812 ; Fax: +44 (0)121-204-3766 [Room NX08, 10th
Floor, North Wing of Main Building]
http://www1.aston.ac.uk/lss/staff/krishnamurthyr/
Director, ACORN (Aston Corpus Network project): http://acorn.aston.ac.uk/