[Corpora-List] Machine Translation and Spelling Correction

Marcin Miłkowski list-address at wp.pl
Fri Dec 4 17:56:55 UTC 2009

Francis M. Tyers pisze:
> El dv 04 de 12 de 2009 a les 09:48 -0500, en/na Alexander Murzaku va
> escriure:
>
>> You should definitely look at this
>> page: http://norvig.com/spell-correct.html
>>

>> I have worked for many years with spell-checkers that have been or are
>> OEM-ed by all the biggest software providers. However, I have found
>> the information in this site quite complete and up-to-date. Beside the
>> 21 lines of Python code, it has links to most applications and
>> theories on spell-checkers.
>>

>> I would only add the use of FST/FSM based dictionaries and
>> morphological engines (Xerox PARC/Inxight and Teragram) in
>> spell-checkers.
>>

> There are also free software projects (HFST[1] and Foma[2]) that are
> drop-in replacements for the proprietary Xerox FST compiler toolkit.

For finite-state spell-checking, you can also use fsa_spell by Jan
Daciuk. I've been using it on my website for spell-checking and it has
minimal footprint (the dictionary includes >3 million forms and it was
running quite fine on a 386 CPU ten years ago!).

http://www.eti.pg.gda.pl/katedry/kiw/pracownicy/Jan.Daciuk/personal/fsa.html

Regards
Marcin