[Corpora-List] Against the reviewer mediation stage

Diana Santos Diana.Santos at sintef.no
Fri May 29 09:09:29 UTC 2009

Sorry Adam, not only I do not share it, as I am an enthusiast about this.

This is the only effective way to prevent people doing dishonest, careless or uninformed reviews and getting away with it.

Except if one accepts the principle of Signed Reviews (http://www.linguateca.pt/Diana/SignedReviews.html), but this may have other consequences.

I suggest you read
Chubin, D. R. & E. J. Hackett. Peerless Science, Peer Review and U.S. Science Policy. New York, State University of New York Press. 1990.
for a debate and some suggestions.
For those of you who read Portuguese, I have a page on these issues as well, with some further references: http://www.linguateca.pt/Diana/avalpubl.html
Best,
Diana