[Corpora-List] Against the reviewer mediation stage

German Rigau german.rigau at ehu.es
Fri May 29 09:45:00 UTC 2009

Hi Adam,

Thanks for opening this new conversation threat ... ;-)

I also believe that the "review mediation phase" is improving the
overall quality of the reviewing process. Obviously, this process can
always be improved (more time, need to reach a consensus, different
scoring schemas among area-chairs, etc.)

However, it would be nice to see the real effect of this phase with
respect the original scoring. Only a few changes? Many changes? Changes
not in the scoring but on the reviews? ... Where is the effect of this
phase reported?

Best,

German