[Corpora-List] Job: NLP Scientist (Cambridge, MA; USA)

David Murgatroyd dmurga at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 21 22:03:47 UTC 2010

Basis Technology has an opening for a Natural Language Processing Scientist to work on our research and development team. In this position, you will join leaders in text analysis to build and enhance linguistic capabilities of our products.This is a full-time position, available immediately.

Responsibilities and Essential Job Functions:
    * Create statistical models for text analysis
    * Implement production-quality Java and C/C++
    * Collaborate with an Agile team to research new ideas and develop them into products

Qualifications
    * PhD or Masters in relevant subject area (e.g., Computational Linguistics, Machine Learning, Computer Science)
    * 2-5 years experience with NLP / Computational Linguistics / Machine Learning
    * 2-5 years experience with Java, C/C++ or similar object-oriented programming language
    * Experience with Python or a similar programming language
    * Excitement for elegant ideas and high-quality implementations
    * Speaking, reading and writing ability in languages other than English is a plus, especially Asian or Middle Eastern languages

Please send resumes and inquiries to: jobs-eng at basistech.com with “NLP Scientist” in the subject line.