[Corpora-List] Corpora Digest, Vol 38, Issue 22

Noam Ordan noam.ordan at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 26 10:26:27 UTC 2010

> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 15:36:13 +0430
> From: Mahdi Mohseni <mohseni48 at gmail.com>
> Subject: [Corpora-List] A tool for corpus management?
> To: corpora at uib.no
>
> Dear Colleagues,
>
> I need a tool for managing a corpus with the following capabilities:
>
>   - Adding text files to the corpus
>   - Editing files
>   - Annotating words
>   - Searching
>   - Reporting statistics of words and tags
>
> Would you please introduce me a suitable tool?
>
> Best,
> Mahdi Mohseni

Dear Mahdi,

If you have the time to experiment a bit I recommend the Corpus Workbench.
http://www.ims.uni-stuttgart.de/projekte/CorpusWorkbench/

If not, I highly recommend the relatively cheap (for academic purposes)
online service of Sketch Engine www.sketchengine.co.uk

It's a full-fledged multilingual corpus processing tool. Beside the option
of loading your own corpora - annotated or not - it has many useful
pre-loaded corpora in many languages, including Arabic, Chinese, Hebrew, you
name it. You can log in on a trial version for 30 days and see for yourself.
I have been using it for the last two years and am quite happy with it.

Good luck,
Noam Ordan