[Corpora-List] What is the meaning of life?

Yorick Wilks Y.Wilks at dcs.shef.ac.uk
Mon Jan 4 12:07:29 UTC 2010

Adam
Of course the joke should be stored in the same box as (I think) Karen Sparck Jones' great observation that, in Montague Grammar the
complicated concepts (e.g. "life") have no content or structure whereas the simple or dispensible (in slavic) ones (like "the") have enormous structures----"the" is about 50 characters long if memory serves.
YW