[Corpora-List] adverbial 'behind'

Nathan Schneider nathan at cmu.edu
Sat May 29 18:29:38 UTC 2010

Fascinating! For what it's worth, UrbanDictionary
(http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=behind) has:

* (preposition) Because of, due to, as a result of — especially when
describing the negative consequences of a misstep. This usage marks a
sharp linguistic divergence along ethnic lines: integral to ebonics
and related dialects, unrecognized in any white vernacular.
The judge give Nyquilla 30 days behind that foolishness with her babydaddy.

and

* preposition. after; following. Typically suggestive of a
cause-and-effect relationship, but it is important to note that this
is implied and not stated.
You gonna catch hell behind that bullshit from yesterday.

Nathan