[Corpora-List] CORLI

Michal Ptaszynski ptaszynski at media.eng.hokudai.ac.jp
Tue Feb 15 12:50:48 UTC 2011

Doesn't CORLY sound a bit like... corny?
 From other interesting acronyms, how about CORPLING? (Google: did you mean
"coupling" :) )
or CRPLT (pronounced "crippled")

btw, didn't someone make an automatic acronym generator?

-------------------
Od: WILLIAMS Geoffrey <williams at univ-ubs.fr>
Do: corpora at uib.no
Data: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 07:01:21 +0100
Temat: Re: [Corpora-List] CORLI

I must say that CORLI sounds nice, but I'll still call it Corpus
Linguistics 20XX as it is the international reference and says what the
event should be about; corpus linguistics

Why do we constantly have to water down what Corpus Linguistics is about,
does the heritage of the great, such as John Sinclair, mean nothing?

Best

Geoffrey