[Corpora-List] CORLI

Mcenery, Tony eiaamme at exchange.lancs.ac.uk
Tue Feb 15 10:40:30 UTC 2011

Interesting to read this thread. Things began with a birthday party for Geoff Leech around which the first conference was built. We thought about 40 people would want to attend the conference – we got well over a hundred. The conference has gone well beyond it birthday party beginnings since, so perhaps it is time to rethink the name. I must say I rather like ICLIC – largely because it does indeed sound like an Iphone App, as Susan has mentioned! However, if it is already taken that is a problem. Perhaps we should discuss naming at the conference this summer? Best,

Tony