[Corpora-List] CORLI

Olga Lashevskaja olesar at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 08:39:24 UTC 2011

ICLIC sounds quite the same way as people in a cognitive linguistics
community pronounce ICLC (International Cognitive Linguistics Conference).
Some people do both coRpus and coGnitive linguistics.

Olga

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 6:33 AM, Adam Kilgarriff <adam at lexmasterclass.com>wrote:

> Susan
>
> do go for ICLIC - it's both cute AND has unimpeachable credentials as an
> unforced acronym, so is likely to stick, AND you're eminently in a position
> to do the christening, hosting ICLIC 2011 as you are!
>
> Adam
>

> On 14 February 2011 19:13, Susan Hunston <s.e.hunston at bham.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>> I rather like CORLISS (CORpus LInguistics StudieS).
>>
>> Actually I also like ICLIC (International Corpus LInguistics Conference),
>> but that sounds like an iphone app.
>>
>> Susan

Olga Lyashevskaya
førsteamanuensis
Fakultet for humaniora, samfunnsvitskap og lærarutdanning
Universitetet i Tromsø
9037 Tromsø
Norway

E-post: olga.lyashevskaya at uit.no