[Corpora-List] conference names

Angus B. Grieve-Smith grvsmth at panix.com
Thu Feb 17 14:15:27 UTC 2011

On 2/17/2011 7:39 AM, RadaZ wrote:
> I think ICLIC ("I click") sounds neat, smart and friendly in a way.

     Is there any difference in theoretical or methodological
orientation between the Birmingham and Saint Petersburg conferences -
and the Valencia conference, for that matter?  Is it a regional thing?
That's the kind of helpful information that could be conveyed by the
name - or at least the call for papers.

     I very much appreciate the value of euphony, but I think in some
cases informativeness should be a higher priority.

--
				-Angus B. Grieve-Smith
				grvsmth at panix.com