[Corpora-List] New corpus announcement: User-chatbot dialogues (the BoB dialogue corpus)

makirschner at inf.unibz.it makirschner at inf.unibz.it
Mon Jan 3 18:22:31 UTC 2011

We announce the availability of the BoB dialogue corpus, a constantly
growing collection of human-machine interaction logs collected by BoB,
the Bolzano Library chatbot on the website of the Library of the Free
University of Bozen-Bolzano. As of today, the corpus consists of 6,800
dialogue sessions, containing a total of around 14,700 user utterances.
Its main distinguishing features are the realistic domain, i.e., the
dialogues are actual interactions of genuinely motivated users of our
University Library, and its multilingualism, since BoB works in any of
the three official languages of the Free University of Bozen-Bolzano,
namely English, German and Italian.

The corpus might be of particular interest to researchers in the
fields of Linguistics, (interactive/contextual) Question Answering
(QA), or Dialogue Systems. We would like to encourage its use by the
research community and will thus be distributing the corpus to any
interested parties.

Please visit the companion web-site for more information:
http://bob.iqa-dialogues.net/