[Corpora-List] describing languages as [link]-[sem]-[morphsyn] tripplets...

Rich Cooper rich at englishlogickernel.com
Sun Jan 9 20:05:14 UTC 2011

Hi John and David,

This is quote from John's web site link below:

Margaret Masterman's system at Cambridge University (1961) was the first to
be called a semantic network. She developed a list of 100 primitive concept
types, such as Folk, Stuff, Thing, Do, and Be. In terms of those primitives,
her group defined a conceptual dictionary of 15,000 entries. She organized
the concept types into a lattice, which permits inheritance from multiple
supertypes. The basic principles and even many of the primitive concepts
have survived in more recent systems of preference semantics (Wilks & Fass
1992).

John, is there somewhere I can find the 100 concept types and the 15,000
entries?  If they have been time tested as a core of concepts, they should
have value in refinement.

David has been interested in small vocabularies for companies, and may also
be interested in the Masterman concept types.

Wierzbicka's primitive concepts number even less than 100.  I wonder if
there is much overlap between the two vocabularies?

-Rich

Sincerely,

Rich Cooper

EnglishLogicKernel.com