[Corpora-List] Green & environmental language

Matteo Fuoli matteo.fuoli at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 09:51:41 UTC 2011

Hi Parker,

> I am looking for corpus—and other linguistic—research done on ‘green’ and
> > environmental language in English. Any and all suggestions would be
> greatly
> > appreciated.
>
>  Matteo Fuoli mentioned on this very list that he was doing research on
> these topics, too.
>
> I'm currently working on my Masters' thesis on Appraisal in two companies'
sustainability reports.

As far as evaluation in these kind of publications, which is the focus of my
thesis, Malavasi (see e.g. 2007, 2008) has published some interesting
articles. Here<http://www.google.it/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CBIQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Filcea.revues.org%2Fpdf%2F724&ei=khQwTd33J8fPhAek3YHuCw&usg=AFQjCNGqfeon4AXlmencCREyjQbvK9jZtw&sig2=PdASpSpBjYxpkprDHzP3Tg>'s
one that can be dowloaded online.

I've found a really insightful perspective in a 'critical' strand of the
social accounting literature referred to as 'legitimacy theory'. You could
have a read at:

*Accounting*, *Auditing* & *Accountability Journal*. *Special issue*: Social
and environmental reporting; *2002*,
volume 15, issue 3.
http://www.emeraldinsight.com/journals.htm?issn=0951-3574&volume=15&issue=3

Gray R.H., D.L. Owen & C. Adams (1996) Accounting and Accountability:
Changes and Challenges in Corporate Social and Environmental Reporting
(London: Prentice Hall)

You could also have a look at Vaara, E., Tienari, J., A discursive
perspective on legitimation Strategies in Multinational Corporations, The
Academy of Management Review 33:4,
which somehow goes in the same direction as my paper.

Cheers,

Matteo