[Corpora-List] lexicography software

Piotr Bański bansp at o2.pl
Sun Jan 16 23:30:57 UTC 2011

On 2011-01-16 18:00, Mike Maxwell wrote:
[...]
> One implication of this use case is that lexicon sizes tend to be
> relatively small (and I'm not sure how well FLEx would scale up to large
> lexicons).

I haven't tested it extensively yet (still working on the proper
up-translation of our data into LIFT), but it appears to handle a ca. 12
000 entry, heavily cross-referenced multi-equivalent dictionary with
examples relatively well, judging from the few tests that I've conducted
so far. It does put a strain on the CPU and needs RAM, but then it's
quite powerful.

  Piotr