[Corpora-List] workstation advice for corpus linguistics work

Trevor Jenkins trevor.jenkins at suneidesis.com
Tue Jan 18 18:10:43 UTC 2011

On Tue, 18 Jan 2011, Florian Petran <florian.petran at googlemail.com> wrote:

> OS: When you decide to use SSD with Windows, you should definitely use
> Windows 7 as it is the only version that is optimized for both HDD and
> SSD. Also, you might be unable to use the disc's TRIM feature with the
> drivers supplied with older versions of Windows.

The last information I received was that Apple's drivers for SSDs within
Mac OS were better and more transparent in use that were those of
Microsoft's in Windows 7. Of course I'm promoting Apple again because
limiting oneself to Microsoft is not always the best solution. Whether
Linux or other variants of BSD (than Apple's tweak as Darwin) have full
and transparent SSD support I don't know.

Regards, Trevor

<>< Re: deemed!