[Corpora-List] Moving Lexical Semantics from Alchemy to Science

Rich Cooper rich at englishlogickernel.com
Mon Jan 31 17:32:42 UTC 2011

John,

May I point out that patent claims and specifications use long noun trains
in many highly specific uses of otherwise well known terms?

Those same engineers and scientists have been writing something like two
million patent specifications that have been issued.  N-N constructions
abound, and there are numerous sentences related by context to the specific
use of that N-N construction in each case.

-Rich

Sincerely,
Rich Cooper
EnglishLogicKernel.com