[Corpora-List] Word frequencies for classical and New Testament Greek

Eric Atwell csc6ea at leeds.ac.uk
Thu Mar 3 09:23:46 UTC 2011

Graham,

The Perseus project at Tufts University has a growing collection of
classical texts, see:

http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/collection?collection=Perseus:collection:Greco-Roman

- this includes "New Testament. Brooke Foss Westcott, Fenton John
   Anthony Hort. (Greek)" - with a search facility
http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/search?doc=Perseus%3atext%3a1999.01.0155

... but i don't know if the website includes word frequencty lists,
you could try ghe help center
http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/help

or if that fails, email the webmaster

If you find the wordlist, please let me know :-)

eric atwell, Leeds University

On Wed, 2 Mar 2011, Graham White wrote:

> I wonder if anyone could point me in the direction of some information
> I'm looking for. What I would like is word frequencies for New Testament
> Greek, together with word frequencies for a larger corpus including the
> New Testament (the TLG would be great): what I'm particularly interested
> in is how many hapax legomena in the NT remain hapax legomena
> in the larger corpus. (I'm doing this for a historical article I'm
> writing, on Schleiermacher, hence the preference for the New Testament).
>
> Thanks
>
> Graham

Eric Atwell, Senior Lecturer, Language research group,
  I-AIBS Institute for Artificial Intelligence and Biological Systems
  School of Computing, Faculty of Engineering, UNIVERSITY OF LEEDS
  Leeds LS2 9JT, England.        TEL: 0113-3435430  FAX: 0113-3435468