[Corpora-List] corpus-based

Eleanor egran2ca at yahoo.ca
Fri Mar 11 19:59:55 UTC 2011

Hi Miquel

I'm just completing a diachronic corpus-based study and in addition to the papers mentioned by Costas Gabrielatos, I found the following useful:

Orpin, D. (2005) Corpus Linguistics and Critical Discourse Analysis: Examining the Ideology of Sleaze. International Journal of Corpus Linguistics, 10/1, 37-61.

Caldas-Coulthard, C.R. (2003) "Cross-Cultural Representation of 'Otherness' in Media Discourse" In Weiss, G. and Wodak, R (eds.) Critical Discourse Analysis: Theory and Interdisciplinarity. Houndsmills/New York: Palgrave Macmillan. pp.272-296.

Hyatt, C. (2005) Time for a Change: A Critical Discoursal Analysis of Synchronic Context with Diachronic Relevance. Discourse &Society, 16/4, 515-534.

Hilpert, M. and Gries, S.T. (2009) Assessing frequency changes in multistage diachronic corpora: Applications for historical corpus linguistics and the study of language acquisition. Literary and Linguistic Computing, 24/4, 385-401.

Eleanor Granek