[Corpora-List] Twitter for corpus linguists

Tatiana Gornostay tatiana.gornostay at tilde.lv
Tue Mar 15 09:39:37 UTC 2011

Dear colleagues,

Thank you for sharing your resources! And a great idea to create a corpora list @ Twitter.

FP7 TTC project's news at http://twitter.com/#!/Kumeliite (my private twitter). The project deals with terminology extraction from comparable corpora and managing the extracted terminology.

With best wishes,
Tatiana Gornostay

From: corpora-bounces at uib.no [mailto:corpora-bounces at uib.no] On Behalf Of Orion Montoya
Sent: Saturday, March 12, 2011 5:13 AM
To: Angus B.Grieve-Smith
Cc: corpora at uib.no
Subject: Re: [Corpora-List] Twitter for corpus linguists

On Mar 11, 2011, at 6:44 PM, Angus B. Grieve-Smith wrote:
    In that vein, does anyone here tweet about corpus linguistics?  Or can anyone recommend some good feeds to follow?  I'm at http://twitter.com/#!/grvsmth<http://twitter.com/#%21/grvsmth> but only about a quarter of my tweets are about linguistics.

I'm well below 25% corpus content myself (actually, I notice I'm mostly retweets lately-must try to change that). I've created a Twitter list of people I currently follow who are somewhere in a Corpurulent space. You'll notice that there's a heavy contingent of Silicon Valley "Big Data" people, who may not necessarily use corpora as we use them, but they may use or mention techniques and tools that are useful to us.

http://twitter.com/#!/list/mdcclv/corpusandotherdata

Orion

(We both follow @nycbridgereport! Useful this winter especially.)