[Corpora-List] Anonymization tools for patient record research methods

Kevin B. Cohen kevin.cohen at gmail.com
Fri May 27 23:52:54 UTC 2011

Eric,

You might contact John Aberdeen at the MITRE Corporation.  I think that his
deidentification tool is available.

Best wishes,

Kevin Cohen

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 4:12 PM, Eric Atwell <csc6ea at leeds.ac.uk> wrote:

> We are investigating research methods for patient records.
> To be available for Corpus Linguistics analysis, patient records
> have to be anonymised, so individual patients cannot be identified. Can
> anyone point us at tools to (semi-)automate anonymization or
> deidentification of health text data (or any other text data)?
>
> I managed to find "deid" in Physionet
> http://www.physionet.org/physiotools/deid/
> Neamatullah I, Douglass M, Lehman LH, Reisner A, Villarroel M, Long WJ,
> Szolovits P, Moody GB, Mark RG, Clifford GD. Automated De-Identification
> of Free-Text Medical Records. British Medical Council: Medical Informatics
> and Decision Making, 2008, 8:32.
>
> and a survey:
> Ozlem Uzuner, Yuan Luo, Peter Szolovits. Evaluating the State-of-the-Art in
> Automatic De-identification. JAMIA Journal of the American Medical
> Informatics Association, 2007,14:550-563
>
> thanks forany other recommendations
>
> Eric Atwell, Senior Lecturer, Language research group,
>  I-AIBS Institute for Artificial Intelligence and Biological Systems
>  School of Computing, Faculty of Engineering, UNIVERSITY OF LEEDS
>  Leeds LS2 9JT, England.        TEL: 0113-3435430  FAX: 0113-3435468
>  WWW: http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/arabic
>      http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/nlp

Kevin Bretonnel Cohen, PhD
Biomedical Text Mining Group Lead, Computational Bioscience Program,
U. Colorado School of Medicine
303-916-2417 (cell) 303-377-9194 (home)
http://compbio.ucdenver.edu/Hunter_lab/Cohen