[Corpora-List] Corpora Digest, Vol 52, Issue 3

Anil Singh anil.phdcl at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 19:53:57 UTC 2011

Apparently we have a lot in common.

But you say *rejection*, whereas I say *selection* and you say double blind
reviewing *works* and I say it *doesn't work*.

If non-blind reviewing is made the norm, it could be extended to be open
reviewing, in the sense that it is not just non-blind, but the reviewing
process continues. And, to take into account what you have mentioned
(retaliation ...), *follow up, third party reviews could be allowed to be
anonymous*.

The reviews for selection/rejection are in a completely different category.
They have direct consequences. They can act as sentences (in the legal
sense). That's why they need to be fair and transparent. There are other
cases (third party, follow up reviews) which need not be signed, but if they
are visible publicly and are part of a continuing reviewing process, the
authors can always respond to them. The grad-student can still yell that the
king-professor has no clothes. And the king-professor can reply, if he
wants.