[Corpora-List] why LREC2012 NOT blind-reviewed?

Marco Baroni marco.baroni at unitn.it
Wed Oct 5 20:48:31 UTC 2011

Thanks Gemma,

You make a very good case for more journals and less conferences, and I
couldn't agree more.

I should just point out that the observation you attribute to me in your
very interesting notes, re conferences biasing the field in favour of
rich countries/institutions, is not mine. It was made a few years ago by
Sean Fulop in a letter to the CL editor:

http://aclweb.org/anthology/J/J09/J09-1001.pdf

Best,

Marco

On 10/5/11 6:15 PM, Gemma Boleda wrote:
> Dear list members,
>
> some of the concerns that have been raised in this discussion, such as
> reviewer load and "incrementality" in papers, could be addressed if the
> field moved to journal, rather than conference, publishing, and used
> conferences for dissemination of ideas (where only abstracts would be
> reviewed) and journals for actual publication. This would have the
> positive side-effect of making the citation indices of computational
> linguistics as a subfield go up, thus making it more visible in the
> "scientific market". For a 1.5-page long elaboration of these ideas, see
> http://www.lsi.upc.edu/~gboleda/pubs/gboleda_publishingCL.pdf
>
> Best,
> Gemma Boleda

Marco Baroni