[Corpora-List] Blind reviewing

Laurence Anthony anthony0122 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 16:11:00 UTC 2011

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 11:00 PM, Yorick Wilks <Y.Wilks at dcs.shef.ac.uk>wrote:

> You have to start from the beginning of the thread--the topic was the LREC
> system of non-blind abstracts for review.
> YW

This discussion started with Isabella Chiari commenting that LREC 2012 were
submissions are NOT anonymous and asking why?

Then, Eric Ringger wrote "I would like to see the reviewing process for LREC
upgraded to double-blind review."

Then, you (Yorick Wilks) wrote: "The whole blind-review business is a huge
nonsense...LRECs reputation has grown steadily and it will be the quality of
its papers that sustain it--there is no evidence at all anonymity would
improve matters in the least. if it ain't broke........"

And from this point on, I think the whole discusison was more on the merits
and demerits of the double-blind system. People arguing against the
double-blind system seemed to be proposing that reviewers names should be
revealed to authors. But, I don't think this is what LREC 2012 is doing.
They have a single blind system, meaning that the reviewers know who the
authors are, but the authors don't know who the reviewers are.

Is this the system that the opponents to the double-blind system are saying
is better??? If so, it seems contradictory to many of the earlier
statements.

Laurence.