[Corpora-List] Blind reviewing

Yorick Wilks Y.Wilks at dcs.shef.ac.uk
Wed Oct 12 16:23:10 UTC 2011

Thanks, I remember the details. The discussion has gone many ways, some of them arguing the (de)merits of  author-blind --as well as reviewer-blind ---systems. The starting point was LREC and the author-blind system.  Much later, you wrote, after I used the phrase "both systems":
".....what exactly is the alternative system to blind reviewing that is being referred to in the phrase "both systems". Obviously, "against blind reviewing" is not a system in itself. Am I correct in assuming that the 'alternative system' being proposed on this list is simply an open one where both reviewers and authors know each others' names? "
My "both systems" referred, as I thought was clear in the context I wrote it, to author-blind and non-blind systems---ACL being like the former and LREC the latter (COLING has oscillated, if memory serves). So no, the opposites are those just listed. Does that clear it up?
YW