[Corpora-List] Corpora Digest, Vol 52, Issue 3 [was blind reviewing]

Laurence Anthony anthony0122 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 16:22:03 UTC 2011

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 11:50 PM, Alon Lischinsky <
alon.lischinsky at kultmed.umu.se> wrote:

> I don't think anyone is proposing to dispense with it outright.
> Rather, it's a matter of examining our experiences about when it works
> and when it doesn't.

I completely agree that this is a good thing to do. We should always reflect
on our practices. But, as I just wrote on another fragment of this
discussion, what exactly is the alternative that people are proposing when
double-blind reviewing is not working? Arguing that we should be following
the LREC 2012 approach (as Yorick just stated) seems contradictory to 'many'
(vague I know!) statements made so far, because it adopts a single-blind
system where the authors know the names of the authors but the authors still
don't know who is doing the review.

Laurence.