[Corpora-List] corpora-list: publishing lists of accepted and rejected papers

Krishnamurthy, Ramesh r.krishnamurthy at aston.ac.uk
Fri Oct 14 20:18:20 UTC 2011

Hi Laurence

>> I certainly hope that no conference/journal starts publishing lists of papers that they rejected! Wouldn't it be a complete breach of privacy and

>> could also be lead to all kinds of problems for other conferences/journals that accepted the papers?

1. I don't see how we can have "openness" AND "privacy"... Perhaps Olympic non-medallists should be offered the same privacy, or losing football teams, or unsuccessful candidates in political elections?

2. Instead of "rejected", let us say "not accepted" - which would cover 'inappropriate target audience', 'not enough room in this particular conference/journal issue', 'too similar to another accepted contribution' etc, etc. Therefore, I don't see any problems in another conference/journal accepting the same paper?

best
Ramesh Krishnamurthy
Visiting Academic Fellow, School of Languages and Social Sciences, Aston University, Birmingham B4 7ET
Room: NX01. Tel: 0121-204-3812.
Director, ACORN (Aston Corpus Network project): http://acorn.aston.ac.uk/
Corpus Analyst:
(a) GeWiss (Volkswagen Foundation) project: http://www1.aston.ac.uk/lss/research/research-projects/gewiss-spoken-academic-discourse/