[Corpora-List] Enough already

Anil Singh anil.phdcl at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 15:00:56 UTC 2011

If it makes people feel any better, we can look at it this way. This
discussion was about creating a new and very valuable corpora. This corpora
will consist of submitted papers, the reviews, the authors' replies and
possibly more rejoinders and may be even third party comments. It will be a
corpora of scientific discourse. Looks like a very important kind of corpora
to me.

The discussion was about whether to create such corpora and if yes, how, and
what to include in it. One of the suggestions was that Open Peer Review
process can be the  way to go about this (and other things).

There is already a job announcement on this list where the project seems to
need this kind of corpora. I can see many more in the pipeline (playing a
prophet for the moment). Remember me (playing a megalomaniac this time) when
you see this thing developing into a very fashionable area in which funding
is easy to get.

In any case, very relevant to this list.

To end this thread (hopefully), here is the narcissist's plug:

http://reviewscontd.org

Now let's get back to business (as usual).