[Corpora-List] Enough already

Krishnamurthy, Ramesh r.krishnamurthy at aston.ac.uk
Sun Oct 23 19:40:40 UTC 2011

1. The discussion continued because many people obviously considered it important - see the number of posts...
2. However, now that there seem to be a growing number of posts urging a cessation to the discussion, I will accede to the new dynamic.
3. I think the discussion was about much more than the mere "mechanics of reviewing papers" - in fact about the openness of academic/scientific
knowledge and research in general?
4. My final suggestion: journals/conferences should upload all papers to the internet in 2 sections: a) submitted b) submitted and accepted/published

Ramesh Krishnamurthy
Visiting Academic Fellow, School of Languages and Social Sciences, Aston University, Birmingham B4 7ET
Room: NX01. Tel: 0121-204-3812.
Director, ACORN (Aston Corpus Network project): http://acorn.aston.ac.uk/
Corpus Analyst:
(a) GeWiss (Volkswagen Foundation) project: http://www1.aston.ac.uk/lss/research/research-projects/gewiss-spoken-academic-discourse/