[Corpora-List] Frequency of the pronoun I

Marc Brysbaert Marc.Brysbaert at UGent.be
Wed Sep 14 16:47:02 UTC 2011

For what it is worth, in line with what is written below it looks like
the you/the ratio makes an even cleaner distinction between the
different types of corpora. There may indeed be various reasons why
people include lots of Is in their text. m

Source			I/the	you/the
COCA (academic)		0.04	0.02
COCA (newspapers)		0.11	0.06
Google (books)		0.12