[Corpora-List] Academic program (ILinC, Belfast)

Interdisciplinary Linguistics Conference ilinc at qub.ac.uk
Mon Sep 19 22:34:38 UTC 2011

Dear colleagues,

As you might know, we will be holding the 1st Interdisciplinary Linguistics Conference (ILinC) at Queen's University Belfast on 14-15 October 2011 (Friday and Saturday).  This is a joint initiative between the Schools of Education, English and Modern Languages at Queen's to bring together students and staff members working with language topics.  For this reason, we would like to invite you and your colleagues/students to take part at this event.

The Organizing Committee is most honored to welcome three stellar guests, who will be delivering keynote addresses at the 1st ILinC.
(a) Prof. Deborah Cameron (University of Oxford): "Having and impact? Power, knowledge and language in a changing world"
(b) Prof. Michael Halliday (University of Sydney): "Why do we need to understand about language?"
(c) Prof. Ruqaiya Hasan (Macquaire University): "Everyday language: its mileage in life"

In addition to these speakers, the program consists of several paper and poster presentations on diverse areas of language scholarship, including corpus linguistics.  The conference program is available on our website (http://go.qub.ac.uk/1stILinC), where you may find additional information about the conference.  First-hand updates are constantly published on our Facebook page, which may be accessed at http://www.facebook.com/QUBILinC.

In case you would like to take part in the conference, registration for the 1st ILinC is open at http://go.qub.ac.uk/registration.  Given the limited capacity of our venue, delegates will be accepted on a first come, first saved basis.  Should you have any queries, please do hot hesitate to write to us at ilinc at qub.ac.uk<mailto:ilinc at qub.ac.uk>.

Looking forward to welcoming you to the event next October,
1st ILinC Organizing Committee
http://go.qub.ac.uk/1stILinC
http://www.facebook.com/QUBILinC