[Corpora-List] corpora of grammatical errors

Cerstin Mahlow cerstin.mahlow at unibas.ch
Mon Apr 16 10:17:06 UTC 2012

Dear Anabela,

Zitat von Anabela Barreiro:

> I am looking for public corpora containing sentences with grammatical errors.
>
> I plan to use the corpora as input to grammar checking and
> correction routines.
>
> The corpora can be in English or romance languages. I appreciate any
> indication of where I can find those corpora. Thank you!

It's not exactly the language you are looking for, but:

For my dissertation I collected more than 200 ungrammatical sentences
in German from published sources (newspapers, books, advertisements,
letters, etc.).  Ungrammatical here means:

- errors concerning agreement
- wrong word order
- duplicate or missing words

We are about to release this resource as an annotated corpus -- at the
moment I could sent you the sentences together with a comment each
(concerning the error and a potential correct version of this sentence).

Best regards

Cerstin

--
Dr. phil. Cerstin Mahlow

Universität Basel
Departement Sprach- und Literaturwissenschaften
Fachbereich Deutsche Sprach- und Literaturwissenschaft
Nadelberg 4
4051 Basel
Schweiz

Tel:  +41 61 267 07 65