[Corpora-List] Open Source Morphology for Fr, It, Es, De

DJamé Seddah djame.seddah at free.fr
Wed Apr 25 15:53:49 UTC 2012

Hey,
there's also morfette (Chrupala et al, 2008)

it has been sucessfully tested on many languages ( french, italian, spanish, some slavic languages, etc...)
>>From the website (http://sites.google.com/site/morfetteweb/ )
"Morfette is a tool for supervised learning of inflectional morphology. Given a corpus of sentences annotated with
lemmas and morphological labels, and optionally a lexicon, morfette learns how to morphologically analyse new sentences.

In the learning stage Morfette fits two separate logistic regression models: one for morphological tagging and one for
lemmatization. The predictions of the models are combined dynamically and produce a globally plausible sequence
of morphological-tag - lemma pairs for a sentence."

@inproceedings{chrupala:08,
	Address = {Marrakech, Morocco},
	Author = {Chrupa{\l}a, Grzegorz and Dinu, Georgiana and van Genabith, Josef},
	Booktitle = {In Proceedings of LREC 2008},
	Organization = {ELDA/ELRA},
	Title = {Learning Morphology with Morfette},
	Year = {2008}}

Best,
Djamé