[Corpora-List] Job: Principal NLP Software Engineer =?utf-8?Q?=E2=80=93_?=Cambridge, MA

David Murgatroyd dmurga at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 9 10:43:51 UTC 2012

http://www.basistech.com/careers/#principal-nlp-software-engineer-ma

Principal Natural Language Processing Software Engineer – Cambridge, MA
Are you a talented software engineer who is ready to play a leading role in the design, development and deployment of cutting edge natural language processing products? If so, Basis Technology would like to talk with you about our current opening for a Principal Natural Language Processing Software Engineer, on our team in Cambridge, MA developing our name-processing SDKs. If you thrive on advancing text analysis for application in mission critical systems, then you are our ideal candidate.
Responsibilities and Essential Job Functions
	* Design, build and evaluate multi-lingual text analysis algorithms that are accurate, scalable and production-quality by applying both statistical (e.g., HMMs, CRFs) and rule-based (e.g., RegEx) techniques
	* Design, implement and test production software following principles of software engineering
	* Help lead an Agile team to release new versions on time
Qualifications
	* Master’s or Doctorate in relevant subject area (e.g., computer science, computational linguistics, machine learning, information retrieval)
	* 7+ years professional programming experience in Java or C/C++ or similar object-oriented language
	* 5+ years professionally applying NLP / Computational Linguistics / Machine Learning
	* Knowledge of Python or a similar language
	* Able and willing to absorb new information quickly and switch gears easily
	* Excitement for elegant ideas and high-quality implementations
How to Apply
Please send cover letters, resumes and inquiries to: jobs-eng at basistech.com with “Principal NLP Software Engineer - Cambridge” in the subject line.