[Corpora-List] Difference in POS tag distribution in different genres

Mark Davies Mark_Davies at byu.edu
Sun Dec 16 23:48:35 UTC 2012

>> Does anyone know of any study of the difference in (and an analysis of the reasons) part-of-speech tag distribution in different genres?

Biber et al talk about this a lot in their corpus-based 1998 Longman grammar.

MD

Mark Davies
Professor of Linguistics / Brigham Young University
http://davies-linguistics.byu.edu/

** Corpus design and use // Linguistic databases **
** Historical linguistics // Language variation **
** English, Spanish, and Portuguese **