[Corpora-List] machine translation

Mohammad Sadegh Rasooli rasooli.ms at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 16:32:50 UTC 2012

Thanks Amin,
As I know about SCICT corpus, it is a big corpus of collections of classic
novels that the project has been finished in summer. I don't think the
corpus is completely available but if you live in Iran I think it's easy to
obtain that dataset. I think you should contact with people in charge in
SCICT.
Best
On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 11:12 AM, amin farajian <ma.farajian at gmail.com>wrote:

>  Dear Karine,
> the corpus that you talked about (in Payame Noor University of Yazd) is
> actually the one which is available in ELRA. There is also another
> parallel corpus entitled PEN, developed by myself. It is not still publicly
> available, but I'm going to publish it. In the following paper you can find
> some information about it:
> Mohammad Amin Farajian (2011). PEN: Parallel English-Persian News Corpus<http://world-comp.org/p2011/ICA4953.pdf>.
> Proceedings of 2011 International Conference on Artificial Intelligence
> (ICAI'11), Nevada, USA.
>
> There are some other researchers (Dr. khadivi in Amirkabir University, Dr.
> Faili in University of Tehran, Dr. Analoui in Iran University of Science
> and Technology) and research centers (ITRC and SCICT) in Iran which are
> working on SMT and are building some parallel corpora, but as I know their
> corpora are not available yet.
>
> Best regards,
> Amin
>
> On 12/18/2012 03:33 PM, Megerdoomian, Karine wrote:
>
>  I haven’t seen any other parallel English-Persian corpora besides the
> ones already mentioned below. However, I have heard about a corpus being
> developed by the English department at Payame Noor University in Yazd,
> Iran. You may want to contact them. Here’s the info online:
> http://www.eurac.edu/it/newsevents/focus/Newsdetails.html?entryid=22181***
> *
>
> ** **
>
> “Our developmental English-Persian parallel corpus consists of about *three
> million words* (more than 50,000 corresponding sentences in two
> languages). This is a kind of ongoing corpus, that is, an open corpus in
> which more material can be added as the need arises.”****
>
> ** **
>
> Karine****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **

Mohammad Sadegh Rasooli
PhD Student, Computer Science Department, Columbia University
Research Assistant, Center for Computational Learning Systems, Columbia
University