[Corpora-List] Query: Corpora of American and British English that can be compared?

Laure Gardelle laure.gardelle at ens-lyon.fr
Tue Dec 18 09:23:32 UTC 2012

Dear colleagues,

For my research I need to compare one set of agreement patterns in
American and British English.
So would anyone know of two corpora (one for American English, the
other for British English) that would have sufficiently close
collection procedures for the hits they return to be compared (ie. for
possible differences in proportion to be considered meaningful)??
Ideally I am looking for contemporary English, but if the data are a
bit older, it is not a problem.

Many thanks in advance for any help with this!

Laure Gardelle