[Corpora-List] New version of BootCaT

Eros Zanchetta eros.zanchetta2 at unibo.it
Mon Jul 2 11:45:13 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

I just released a new version of BootCaT (a free tool for semi-automatically building corpora from the web).

Apart from a few minor bug fixes, the main feature of this version is support for the new Windows Azure Marketplace (the service that replaced the old Bing Search API, which will stop working on August 1, 2012).

Unfortunately the new service will only allow users to submit 5.000 queries a month: this should be enough for average BootCaT users, and is certainly more than adequate for educational needs. If one should need more than 5.000 queries a month, it is always possible to upgrade to a paid service (I didn't actually try this, but I don't see why it shouldn't work).

Both the frontend and the URLCollector command-line script have been updated.

The program is available for download from the official BootCaT website:

http://bootcat.sslmit.unibo.it/

Regards,
Eros Zanchetta

LA RICERCA C’È E SI VEDE:
5 per mille all'Università di Bologna - C.F.: 80007010376
http://www.unibo.it/5permille

Questa informativa è inserita in automatico dal sistema al fine esclusivo della realizzazione dei fini istituzionali dell’ente.