[Corpora-List] Free German Corpus or lexicon

Volker Strom v.strom at daxtra.com
Thu Jul 12 12:33:51 UTC 2012

Hi Sofia,

to my knowledge, there is only one free (for non-commercial use) German lexicon: Bomp, a machine-readable pronunciation dictionary.  You cannot download it anymore, you need to send an email to bomp at sk.uni-bonn.de, with subject "BOMP Download", agree with the licence and say which format (ZIP oder TAR+GZIP) you want.

See http://www.ikp.uni-bonn.de/forschung/phonetik/sprachsynthese/bomp/bomp/

There is a link to "Lizenvereinbarung" (== licence agreement) and that page is in English.

The German part of Celex used to be free; now it is distributed by the LDC for a relatively low non-commercial licence fee, about 50 Euros I believe.  It is bigger than Bomp and contains more information.

Volker