[Corpora-List] state of the art on corpora annotation ...

Eric Atwell E.S.Atwell at leeds.ac.uk
Sat Jul 21 18:26:22 UTC 2012

Albrecht,

I'm not sure what you mean by "comparison on tag sets" but if you want a
discussion of criteria used in development of tagsets, and some concrete
examples of their application in some different languages (English,
Urdu, Arabic, Malay), see:

Atwell, E. 2008. Development of tag sets for part-of-speech tagging.
in: Ludeling A, Kyto M (ed.) Corpus Linguistics: An International Handbook,
Volume 1, pp.501-526. Mouton de Gruyter.
Pre-publication version: http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/eric/atwell07clih.pdf

Eric Atwell, Language at Comp.Leeds.ac.uk - Language Computing @ Leeds