[Corpora-List] "Language Immersion for Chrome", and a Better Idea

Ziyuan Yao yaoziyuan at gmail.com
Tue May 15 15:31:40 UTC 2012

Dear Ramesh,

I just did a quick Google Scholar search about him. It looks like his
research is about using movie subtitles + movies to do ESL teaching. I
agree this has been a wide practice thanks to the advent of broadband
Internet and BitTorrent more than 10 years ago and those online
volunteers who have been tirelessly translating movie and TV series
subtitles :-)

And it's even more amazing to discover that these subtitles can be
useful for language learning not only when we're watching movies, but
also when we're surfing the Web :-)