[Corpora-List] "Language Immersion for Chrome", and a Better Idea

Ziyuan Yao yaoziyuan at gmail.com
Sat May 26 12:09:32 UTC 2012

Hi Mike,

This service is awesome!

One problem with movie subtitles is they're not quite legal.
Fan-contributed subtitles (fansub:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fansub) are derivative works from
copyrighted works (the original movies).

But it seems redistributing small samples of subtitles and audio clips
(as seen in your service) is "fair use" :-)

Regards,
Ziyuan Yao